Ventura County Medical Center and Santa Paula Hospital have a dedicated staff of medical providers, nurses and administrative staff, each contributing to the welfare of our patients in their own distinctive way. One group who touches every department in our hospitals are our volunteers. These compassionate and caring individuals donate their time, energy and expertise to supplement the basic functions of the hospital staff.
They add comfort, care and peace of mind to patients, bringing a wealth of experience to their work. Some of the work volunteers do is assisting with admitting or discharging patients, passed food trays, delivering flowers, answering call buttons, providing reading material, or simply visiting a patient in need.
To volunteer your time, please click here to fill out a volunteer application. If you have any questions please call the Auxilliary office at 805-652-6695.
REQUIREMENTS for Adult Volunteers
- Adult volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Complete the application including background check information.
- Be able to complete NOT less than 100 hours of service in six months.
- Attend a 5 hour safety orientation, have a Tuberculosis Screening and be able to return within 48 hours to have the Tuberculosis Screening read. (Screening may be done at the Applicants PMD, at the expense of the Applicant, with proof given to Employee Health.)
- After TB Screening is complete and verification is returned to the Auxiliary Office the background information will be sent to the Human Resources Department for processing. (This may take from 7 to 10 business days)
- If the Applicant receives results before the Volunteer Director has notified the Applicant of completion, please call the Auxiliary office, the Director will then call HR for clearance.
- If Applicant is cleared a name badge request will then be issued.
- If the Applicant does not clear background check, a volunteer position will NOT be offered to the Applicant and a decline letter will be sent to the Applicant.
- After Applicant has obtained a name badge from Human Resources, they are to call the Director of Volunteers, 805-652-6695 to determine date and time of placement and additional training.
- The Applicant will be issued a volunteer uniform on their first day of service.
- After your application is completed, return it to the Auxiliary Office and have a PHOTO ID available.
- If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to call the Director of Volunteers, Debbie Hill, 805-652-6695